Keitai!

A few days ago I went to go and get a Japanese mobile phone. It seems that everyone has them here, even the children!
The one I picked was a Softbank (Sharp) 831SH. It's a mid-ranged model: 3" screen, 3.2MP camera - and black - nothing too special, especially by Japanese standards. However, it also has a TV tuner (really awesome, especially seeing as I do not have a TV) and an infra-red port. I don't know why we don't have these on our phones in Australia - exchanging contact details is a breeze! Perhaps it's because there aren't so many people back home...

Initially I was planning to unlock it and bring it back to Australia, but the English text input is rather poor so I think I'll just get another phone when I get back. If I have any money that is...







 
 

7 comments:

  1. Robert said...

    Haha, nice phone! Is the camera decent? Although it does look nice in black, I shall be forever disappointed that you did not get the pink one :P
    Infra-red ports here used to be more common, hasn't that been supplanted by bluetooth these days though?  

  2. Unknown said...

    OMG...
    A pink one.. that was exactly what I thought Robert would say before I even read the part he mentioned it.... 0.0

    Missing you guys~ -____,,-  

  3. Daniel said...

    @Robert: The camera's not too bad I guess, but I'm usually carrying around my other camera (in my man bag! Pretty much every guy here has a man bag) I don't think I'll use it. This particular phone doesn't have bluetooth :(

    @林风: Haha, no way, you really think I'd get a pink one?
    PS: Haven't heard from you in so long!  

  4. Unknown said...

    Pink always suits you! ;D  

  5. Robert said...

    Hahaha, I am very glad to hear you are putting your manbag to good use! :D
    And yes, I agree, pink does suit you!  

  6. lina said...

    lol, nice phone.... but yeah, like Robert said infra-red was pretty common before - exchanging tones for free ^^V

    Ahaha, is it hard using a Japanese text phone? cause Chinese is pretty complicated for me...  

  7. Daniel said...

    Nah, texting in Japanese is pretty easy once you get used to it. It also has predictive text, which makes it even easier!
    The hard part is thinking about what to write... my vocab is so limited!
    At least classes start soon so I can learn some more :P  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.