Franciacorta e Modena

Hey again everyone!

Well, right now I am in Modena, in the hotel room, using my bro's laptop and the wireless connection here.
But first, I had better (briefly) explain my trip so far...

It turned out that my flight from Singapore wasn't 15 hours after all, but rather we touched down in Bangkok for an hour or so. The airport there is really nice, I'll have to show you guys some pics in a while - or maybe I'll post them up here.

Anyway, the next leg of the flight was to Zurich, and then off to Milan (that was only a 40 min flight over the Alps).
On this flight, I watched some weird Bollywood movie....it was overall pretty terrible, and it ripped off 'Attack the Gas Station' -- specifically, the scene where the bikie gang fought the gangsters with the 4 guys in the middle (it was identical, it even involved a bikie gang and some gangsters), and then the police came in and one dude squirted them all with gas etc... but it was alot worse than the original :P
From there, we picked up our hire car (a Volkswagen Passat Wagon), and drove to the Franciacorta area (lit. 'little france), a little north of Milan. While on the topic of station wagons, I must mention howmuch more sensible they are than having an SUV. The Europeans have it right...:P I may as well continue with the observations on cars... there are a lot of Audis and Mercs, andI think the new Fiat 500 is very very cool!!

Ok, I think I should get back to explaining things... the Franciacorta is an area with mountains and a nice lake. The scenery was fabulous, and so was the food -- we wasted no time in ordering a pizza! However, I was dead tired (only 2 hours of sleep out of 48), so I collapsed to bed.
On the second night, we had dinner by the lakeside... the food was just ok, but the scenery was wonderful! (see pic)

Today, we left for Modena (I wonder what comes from here??). When we got here, we checked in to our hotel... only to find that it was one with no air con (30+ degrees and humid, bad start...) and the toilets/showers were communal. Needless to say, we left and found another hotel (where I am now...).
Tomorrow we go on a tour of the Maserati factory (woohoo!) and then we head up to the Veneto.

I think I have written enough for now, thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Robert said...

    Woo, nice to hear from you again! :P
    Sounds like you are enjoying yourself over there, I expect many pics from the Maserati factory. :)  

  2. Unknown said...

    hey sounds like a cool trip and good to know your becomming loyal to blog posts :)
    look forward to seeing the pics!  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.